THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY:
Headed by Secretary Alex Kerangpuna under the ministerial leadership of Honorable PATRICK NISIRA and Member for Halia Constituency, ABG Minister for Commerce, Trade and Industry. Its mandate is focused on:
- Commerce and Trade
- Economic Development
- Telecommunications policy
- Small business enterprises
- Shipping services
INVESTING IN BOUGAINVILLE
Bougainville is open for business! The Bougainville Inward Investment (Amendment) Act 2018 establishes an Inward Investment Board, and a framework for screening, approving and monitoring investment by external investors into Bougainville. It is an integral component of Bougainville’s broader economic and social development strategy, and has been designed to contribute to the following:
• Responsible inward investment into Bougainville
• An accountable government sector; and
• A vibrant and productive private sector.
Information and forms:
- Information fact sheet: Investing in Bougainville and the Bougainville Inward Investment Board. Click here to download.
- Poster: Investing in Bougainville - the application and decision-making process
- Application form A (non-compulsory) - register your intention to apply for an inward investment licence. Click here to download.
- Application form B (compulsory) - apply for an inward investment license.
- Bougainville Inward Investment Guidelines 2018